Sunday, August 10, 2008

Finally Did A Century

I've been biking for 40 years. When I was a kid, the bike meant freedom. Even after I started driving, biking remained an important part of my life. The bike has allowed me to cover greater distances than on foot, while remaining close to the ground. I found both of the houses that I have bought while scoping out neighborhoods on my bike. There was a period of 10-15 years where I spent more time playing tennis than cycling. I've learned that biking is much gentler on the knees. Three years ago I joined the Princeton Free Wheelers and started cycling regularly. I've made some good friends and enjoy cycling more every week. I did my first century last week at the Princeton Event. Check out Laura's Hill Slugs Chronicles for a nice write up http://perpetualheadwinds.blogspot.com/2008/08/pushing-boundaries.html.

No comments: